Mesa Police Department Releases App for iPhone and Droid
By: Karen Hubbard
04/25/13 6:13 AM
The Mesa Police Department is proud to present their mobile application. This free application gives you access to the latest news, photos, videos, events, alerts and crime information no matter where you are. In addition, the application allows two way communications using Twitter, Facebook, and a special feature for submitting anonymous tips to the Department. Join us in working together to make the City of Mesa a safer place for our communities and families.
The following features are included in the application:
- News: Read the latest news and blog information from the Chief, Command Staff and the Department.
- Videos: Watch videos from the MPD You Tube Channel.
- Photos: View and search for the latest images of Mesa's Most Wanted and browse through photos of the Department's Air Unit, Bomb Unit, K9, Patrol, SWAT, Traffic and more.
- Events: Review calendar events by Month and Day and read the details behind each event.
- Crime Maps: View real-time crime maps of activities in your neighborhood or across the city. Explore the details behind the crimes.
- Submit a tip: Be the eyes and ears of the MPD and help the Department by submitting anonymous tips to help fight crime. The application has the capability to let you anonymously chat with our tips investigator to see what happens to your tip.
- Alerts: Sign up for alerts that can be delivered to your cell phone or email.
- Twitter: Follow and communicate with the MPD through a direct link to the Department's Twitter account.
- Facebook: Review the latest Department's information on Facebook and become a friend of the Department.
- Crime Prevention: Review the latest tips on preventing crime for our businesses, personal safety, residence, and cyber safety. Access additional literature and the MPD's phone directory.
The app can be downloaded from the iTunes App Store and Google Play. Search on 'Mesa PD Mobile.'
This article is in this channel (click to view all articles in the channel):