Taps Signature Cuisine & Bar Opens in Fiesta District
By: Randy Policar
02/7/13 2:33 PM
Executive Chef Don Newman announced the opening of Taps Signature Cuisine & Bar in Mesa. The restaurant, located at 1010 W. Southern Ave. in Mesa's Fiesta shopping district, offers comfort cuisine —familiar flavors and dishes reconstructed in unique, creative and stylized ways — with influences from both coasts as well as the Southwest United States.
“Taps is a chef-driven restaurant and bar that specializes in a friendly neighborhood approach to hospitality, from-scratch signature and creative cuisine, live musical entertainment and a well-rounded wine and microbrew selection,” said Chef Don Newman. “We work to deliver a menu based on our guest's palates, as well as a high-end approach to recipes, execution and plating, without any of the pretension.”
The highlight on the restaurant’s menu is the Taps Tart, a classic shortbread dough, filled with meats, cheeses, vegetables, and yes, even cookies that get wrapped, baked and served straight from the oven. The most popular Tart is the CapreTasty featuring pesto-marinated chicken, fresh mozzarella, basil, vine-ripened tomatoes and ricotta Alfredo.
“Taps is a great addition to the Poca Fiesta Shopping Center on the NE corner of Alma School and Southern and will provide a great dining and entertainment option for the area and is yet another example of new private investment in the Fiesta District,” District 3 Councilmember Dennis Kavanaugh said.
At Taps Signature Cuisine, standout appetizers include:
• Ahi Tuna — Saku grade Sashimi seared in Taps Cajun seasoning, served rare with pickled cucumber, ginger and mustard beer sauce.
• Bacon-wrapped dates — Applewood smoked bacon, chèvre cheese, ricotta, crème fraiche, balsamic reduction and mandarin orange segments.
Signature entrees include:
• Taps Carne Asada – Slow cooked marinated steak served with warm flour tortillas, cilantro and fresh made salsa.
• Vindalooney Chicken – Taps' Chicken Vindaloo is a hot and spicy dish from the Goa region of India. This Authentic Goan vindaloo is not a curry but more of a dry sauce-based dish, which tastes better as it ages. Served on a bed of rice in a Tortilla bowl.
• Prime Dip — certified angus ribeye sliced thin and served on a grilled ciabatta roll with sautéed mushrooms, Wisconsin cheddar and horseradish cream. Accompanied by French fries and au jus.
“If you like from-scratch cooking, done with passion, filled with layered, familiar flavors, and reconstructed in fun and creative ways, you will find a home at Taps and a menu built for every occasion,” Chef Newman said.
Located adjacent to the Fiesta Mall in the Poca Fiesta Shopping Center at 1010 W. Southern Ave. in Mesa (85210), Taps is a casual, upbeat, urban and modern space that is perfect for happy hour conversation, casual dining and good times. For more information, visit www.tapsbars.com, www.facebook.com/tapsbars or call 480.464.7004.
This article is in this channel (click to view all articles in the channel):