June 27, 2014
Public Information and Communications
Contact: Steve Wright
Mesa, AZ – The temperatures may be in the triple digits but there are 10 “Cool” reasons the Republic Services Arizona Celebration of Freedom held on Friday, July 4 from 6 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. is the “coolest” Independence festival in the state:
1. It is FREE.
2. Numerous displays and activities will be indoors at the air conditioned Mesa Convention Center, 263 N. Center St. These will include the Fallen Soldiers Memorial and Historical Flag Presentation.
3. KOOL Zones, sponsored by KOOL-FM, will be located throughout the event with giant misting fans and trailers to help you beat the heat. Valley Metro will also have an air conditioned bus on display.
4. Celebration Splash Zone will have water features including inflatables and soak zones to have fun and cool down.
5. There will be lots of shade and grass at this year’s location outside of the Mesa Convention Center and inside the Mesa Amphitheatre.
6. Most of the Republic Services Arizona Celebration of Freedom will take place after the sun sets. This includes the Salute to America program at the Mesa Amphitheatre at 9:15 p.m. followed by a spectacular fireworks show.
7. Food and drinks will be available for sale to help you stay cool at the All American Food Court.
8. Did we mention air conditioning? Among the displays inside the Mesa Convention Center will be classic Mustangs, Revolutionary War artifacts and a chance to sign the Declaration of Independence and U.S. Constitution.
9. The Republic Services Arizona Celebration of Freedom always offers something new. Among the new attractions this year will be Revolutionary War reenactments from We Make History, the only reenactment group of its type in the southwestern United States.
10. The event is truly a celebration of freedom. From the Fallen Heroes Memorial to the display of military vehicles, and from the inflatable replicas of historical landmarks to the Salute to America, the Republic Services Arizona Celebration of Freedom offers a variety of patriotic displays, activities and programs to pay tribute to our nation’s independence.
The Republic Services Arizona Celebration of Freedom will be held at the Mesa Amphitheatre and Mesa Convention Center, 263 N. Center St., and along Center Street between Second Street and University Drive. For more information, visit www.azcelebrationoffreedom.org.
The 2014 Republic Services Arizona Celebration of Freedom is presented by the Chicago Cubs, KOOL-FM, Downtown Mesa Association, Visit Mesa and the City of Mesa. Other sponsors are Sertoma Club, Entertainment Solutions Inc., A Company, A & M Graphics, Able, Action Barricade, Arizona Ford Dealers, American Traffic Solutions, Berge Ford, Boeing, Century Graphics, Core Construction, Cox Communications, Crescent Crown Distributing, Extra Innings, Felix Construction, Haydon, Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa, Marriott Phoenix-Mesa, Mesa Energy Resources, Mesa Recycles, Mesa Water, Mountain Vista Medical Center, Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport, Sun Eagle, The Arizona Republic, Triadvocates, Valley Metro, Valley Transit Constructors, Walmart and W.E. O’Neil Construction.
This article is in this channel (click to view all articles in the channel):